Self-drive in NZ
Discover New Zealand, travelling at your own pace using the touring itinerary, accommodation, and rental car or campervan that we have arranged for you. See our sample itineraries – the 11 Day Fascinating NZ, the 19 Day Bed & Breakfast or the 18 Day Exclusive, Boutique or Luxury – to gain an idea of what we have to offer in the way of self-drive tours.
You want to be flexible while travelling?
Self-drive tours in New Zealand have become very popular. Both first-time and regular visitors are eager to travel the country independently. Driving conditions are ideal, and outside of the bigger cities you are likely to have the road to yourself. Rental cars offer the ultimate convenience for self-drive tours in NZ.
When travelling you can chose from different types of New Zealand accommodation. Do you prefer to stay in a remote place close to the nature, or in a stylish city hotel including any amenities?
Our New Zealand sample tours feature the best hotels, selected Bed & Breakfasts (B&Bs), and other top-quality accommodation. Enquire today!
Each self-drive booking will receive a free travel kit including atlas, maps, directions and more!
Important information for self-drive tours in NZ:
- Hirer must be 21+ years old.
- Hirer must provide a full, valid driving licence.
- Hirer must provide a credit card for the insurance bond.
- An international driving licence is accepted but not required.
- Overseas drivers will have to present their passport and overseas licence when applying for a New Zealand one.
- Most of the major car hire companies have desks at airports, ferry terminals and cities throughout the North
and South Island.